The Annual European Rheology Conference (AERC 2017) in conjunction with the Nordic Rheology Conference was held in Copenhagen/Denmark during April 3 - 6, 2017.
More information, the scientific program, and images please find at http://www.aerc2017.dk/
AERC 2019: Portoroz/Slovenia, April 2019
AERC 2020: In 2020 there will be no AERC due to the International Congress of Rheology in Rie de Janiero.
Plenary lectures were given by Prof. Jian Ping Gong (University of Sapporo, Japan, Department of Soft and Wet Materials), Prof. David Pine (University of New-York, Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering), the 2015 Weissenberg Awardee Dimitris Vlassopoulos, and the 2015 recipient of the Maurice Couette Award (GFR).
The Conference had 10 thematic sessions and a poster session, which includes a student/post-doc poster competition:
- Advanced techniques and methods in rheology
- Colloids, suspensions, and granular materials
- Confined flows, microfluidics and rheology at the microscopic scale
- Food, cosmetic, active and biological rheology
- Interfacial phenomena, foams and emulsions
- Nano, micro and macroprocessing
- Polymers in solutions, self-assembling systems and gels
- Polymer melts, blends, composites and solid polymers
- Simulations and computational rheology
- Structured flows and instabilities
Before the conference (April 14, 2015), a one-day course on Advanced polymeric materials will be offered to interested participants. Three complementary lectures will be given by world-class scientists in the field: Roland Keunings (Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium) on Rheology and flow of polymer solutions and melts; Prof. Francisco Chinesta (Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France) on Complex flows of micro/nano structured fluids: reinforced polymer composites; and Christophe Binetruy, Faurecia (Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France) on Flows of simple and complex fluids in microstructures: reactive processing and novel composite materials. The content of the courses was illustrated by a visit on an industrial site of Airbus.
Poster Session and Poster Awardees (AERC 2014)
Conference Dinner (AERC 2014)
Beer Tasting (AERC 2013)