A rheology course was given before the conference on Colloidal suspensions with focus on colloidal gels and applications. The course was given by Norman Wagner (Delaware) and George Petekidis (Crete). An overview of the course's content is available here:
- Intro to Colloids and Basics of Colloidal Suspension Rheology: Basic definitions and illustrations of behavior and property connections
- Colloidal Gelation & Connection to Micromechanics: Definition of a gel and two types of model gelation
- Linear Rheology of Colloidal Gels: Basics and how moduli and time scales relate to the microstructure
- Nonlinear Rheology of Colloidal Gels: More advanced and less well understood
- Advanced topics & Applications: Measuring gel structure, reacting systems, laponite, aging, shape effects, and selected applications in consumer products, food, bio, cement, asphalt
The course followed the new book "Theory and Applications of Colloidal Suspension Rheology".